This week has been a little bit exhausting. I thought I'd take
Feel free to read and comment- and if you re-blog, just give credit to the original poster, Joyce.
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I take selfie's mostly to see if my makeup/hair/clothing looks ok. It's my 21st century mirror. I post them infrequently, but I do post them. Mostly on my Instagram. I'm way more comfortable behind the camera, though I'm sure people get tired of my landscape/cat/handsome husband pictures.
|My sister and I last summer, out on the boat. I just noticed we have the same crookedness to our smiles!|
2. Will you send out Christmas Cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I hope to get my ducks in a row and send more Christmas cards this year. My problem is that school gets cra-zzzy until the end of the term, then it's all over. However, it's all over around December 19th. Cum-see, cum-saw.
3. Do you trust easily?
That would be no. Not at all. It's probably just my nature. I didn't grow up with a whole lot of cushion and while I like to be trustworthy, it's not something I bestow lightly. That said, if I trust you, I trust you with everything. Lots of people are trustworthy; some just aren't.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Pine. I love pine trees. They're not just for Christmas in our neck of the woods! I remember these pine trees my grandpa planted when I was little. My cousin Ryan was just a bit taller than the tree when she was 6. They had to cut both of them down 25 years later because of the roots growing under the house. The trees had grown to over 30 feet tall.
|Pine trees AND G!|
|Pine trees + sunshine|
|The top of the world|
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or by necessity?
I did a lot more listening than talking. It was a non-teaching day yesterday. It's almost always my choice to not talk overly much. Talking too much to others makes me tired. Especially in groups. Man, I must sound like an old grumpy lady, but I promise I do like people. Just not in groups.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
Something by MIA. I love the Arabic sounds mixed with rap. I'm not a rap fan; I'm an MIA fan.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I think I'd like to travel with the Vikings. I guess they ate pretty well. For me, good travel is all about good food.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's been a rough week. G and I just have a lot going on and some realities we don't like dealing with. I'm really glad it's Friday and we can spend the very windy and cold weekend snuggled in our little house. Maybe we'll write out some Christmas cards or finish our Christmas shopping! Tonight we're heading out to see a movie- Catching Fire. Something you may not know about me: I was given a 35# recurve bow when I was 11 years old. I used that thing for a long, long time, bruising the snot out of my left arm, shooting into hay bales and generally being wild. I don't know what happened to it but it was a good part of my childhood. Also, I'm glad I never had to enter a Hunger Games. :) If I did, I'd win.