Thursday, January 17, 2013

Epic Fail!

I love teaching online. Right now, I'm teaching online for two different universities.  For my "real" in-person job, I have just one online class.

The other is a few thousand miles away, but I have been with them for three years and I love it and don't want to give it up.  And they like what I do too.

One of the perks of online teaching is online office hours.  I set up a time with my students for a Blackboard Collaborate session.  Great, right? I could do it from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 to 9:30 and then go into work. Bonus: It's warmer after 9 a.m. up North. I even got some extra one-on-one training for the collaborate sessions.

Of course, it went up in smoke.  I created the session, but my Mac won't open it for me.  I'm not sure why.  It just keeps barfing and timing out.

So I opened Skype and am patiently waiting for someone- anyone- to drop in.  Any day now...

Not a great first experiment, but not a complete waste. I'm revising an article I wrote yesterday on teaching writing theory.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment