Sunday, December 23, 2012

Forgive Me

Lately, I have been in a writing mood.

Just not a blog post writing mood.

First it was the end of the quarter at my little college, then the end of the semester for my online teaching job.  THEN the weather got cold and snowy (yay!) and the holidays sprung themselves upon me. And I got in a baking mood.

It sucks that I'm a good baker.  I'm going to make myself, my husband and anyone else I've been sending yummy treats to as fat as a tick.  Yep.

I have decided to not write about gun control or the massacre in Newton, Ct, or about mental illness for now.  Too many want to make a profit from the media attention given to tragedy.  Know that my thoughts and heart have been with them and I wish there was more I could do.

But anyway, bear with me.  I'm working on a memoir.  I have about 10k words down and hopefully I can finish a good portion prior to the commencement of the next quarter and semester.

Meanwhile, Christmas is coming. I'm in love with winter and reading imaginative fiction.  Life is too short to not love what you're reading.  Or what you're writing.

So happy holidays, or Merry Christmas, or Happy Chalica, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah (a little late) and Boxing Day.

I'll be holed up in my little computer room with a heating pad and a warm cup of something to drink, making stories and hoping I don't butcher it too much.


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and Greg, and as Tiny Tim said in the last five words from Dickens' story, "God bless us, every one!". Love you guys, fil

    ReplyDelete