Thursday, June 6, 2013

June!

Oh how I love June! 
The hottest the weather got last month was in the 80s, but mostly it was mild and stayed in the 60s and 70s like it should. Sometimes it dipped into the 40s at night and twice we left the water dripping for an overnight freeze. 

And now it's June. In my world that means that 1. Our wedding anniversary and 2. The end of classes. Not sure which I'm more excited for. Maybe 3. Time to travel and find adventures!  

It's #3 for sure, though #1 makes #3 so much more fun. 

This weekend, we're headed to Walla Walla for a little fun scoping out the valley and attending my niece's 18th birthday/high school graduation.  I can't believe that little girl is all grown up.  Well, mostly grown up! I'll also get to visit with other relatives and meet my new great-nephew Sawyer who turned two months old today. Lots of pictures to come... 

Next week, since school is letting out, I'm taking a few days off and we're heading to Portland for a little vacation.  G has never been there but I'm betting It'll take a bit to get him to come home.  Rainy, liberal, vegetarian, eco- and- vegan-friendly. Oh yes, this is the place. 

So with all this in place, I took a nice, composed selfie with red lipstick before I left the house: 

This is how I think I look
Nice, huh? Good light, nice smile, no teeth. In the movie of my life, this is how I would look. I got to have coffee on the porch, read a bit of a book, texted with my friend Carrie and talked to my dear Charlotte, whose health is improving. Red letter and red lipstick day! 

And I headed off to work. I get to walk to work most days, which I love.  It's a great 15 minute commute. Then I ran into one of my students, who is graduating on Saturday. We hugged, talked about how amazing he is- and he truly is. I mean, graduating from college and moving to Brazil to teach music education? Yes! Dream come true!! 

And we took this picture: 
This is how I really look
This is how I actually look- excited face, big cheeks pushing up my sunglasses and my neck- well, doing something. 

So much for glamour. 

And you know what? I don't care. Ennui is overrated. It's summertime and the livin's easy... ! Happy trails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment