Thursday, September 18, 2014

Geeking Out

I know I am a total dork and that this will rat me out, but I have a confession to make. 



I love course planning. 
Love it. 
Getting all professorly in anticipation

I ordered books a few months ago. 
Now I'm planning daily activities for four classes. 

The philosophy department is right next to English
I've got a regular Eng 101 class. Easy as pie. I love teaching one section of writing. It's online.

There are two Intro to Lit classes. We're reading some fun stuff, like Oleanna, A Raisin in the Sun, and some short stories. We're also reading some challenging materials like Waiting for the Barbarians and Innocent Erendira. Also lots of fun. These are my face to face classes.

And then there's my most challenging class: a Global Perspectives in Literature course. It's junior level and every single reading is tough. I'm throwing students in the deep end and hoping they swim. 

That one is online. It's going to be the class I have to pay the most attention to. 

I love, love, love this. And I can't wait until the start of the quarter next week. 

In Washington, most of the colleges are on a quarter system and start late in September. In the 1880s when the state began, schools did not commence until after the harvest had finished. We're still doing it. 

Source: www.lovethesepics.com 

1 comment:

  1. You love your work! I don't think that's dorky at all. A lot of people dread what they do. How unfortunate for them.

    ReplyDelete