Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Thought

I was checking my gmail account tonight.  Lots of emails because that's where I filter my Facebook account. I read those in place of checking my FB during school.  Yeah, I'm a junkie; sue me.

At the top of the inbox has been the same ad all week: "Make him addicted to you: Avoid these 5 bad habits and make him love you forever".  Then it said "why this ad?" so that I could click and find out why gmail puts that up consistently.

Frankly, I don't want to know what sort of algorithm has generated the idea that I have five annoying habits that make men run screaming rather than love me forever.  Do I need these faults listed? Does gmail somehow know that I do not shave the tops of my feet in winter?  Can it somehow have leaked out in my emails that (gasp) I am cranky for about four days every month?

Huh.  I'm just going to vote that gmail is the dumbass ad salesgroup of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment